sage meaning name

English and French: nickname for a wise man, from Middle English, Old French sage ‘learned’, ‘sensible’, from Latin sagus ‘prophetic’, akin to sagax ‘sharp’, ‘perceptive’. Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache. Sarge Meaning: The meaning of the name Sage is: Aromatic herb, Wise one. © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. Learn more. See the popularity of the girl's name Sage over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. It can also be spelled Saige, Sange or Sayge. And here’s the best part: we’d love it if you would add your thoughtful suggestions and comments to help expectant parents decide. Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you! Irish: variant of Savage, via the Gaelicized form Sabhaois. SAGE meaning: What does SAGE stand for? The meaning of Sage is "wise". sage definition: 1. wise, especially as a result of great experience: 2. a plant whose greyish-green leaves are…. 1000 – 1200 Jahre alt und erzählen über Helden (z.B. Eine Sage (v.ahd. My name is Sage (with the middle name Ryan). Sage Rhyming, similar names and popularity. sage means wise, elder all knowing, Aromatic herb; wise Sage also means prophet. sage definition: 1. wise, especially as a result of great experience: 2. a plant whose greyish-green leaves are…. Version Française disponible ici Prénom Sage Variations : Saige, Sayge Popularity of name Sage, Is there name in the Bible/Torah/Quran? See the popularity of the boy's name Sage over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. “Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme“ - Scarborough Fair by Simon & Garfunkel (song). Random Sage Factoid: According to the 2009 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Sage ranks 119 th in popularity as a baby girl's name in Vermont. (girl), Sage: Name Meaning, Popularity, and other info about Sage, Sage - Name meaning, origin, and popularity | BabyCenter, Sage: Baby Name, Meaning & Origin | Parents. And we are pleased to let you know that we found the meaning of your name, http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Sage, https://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-sage-3969.htm, http://www.parents.com/baby-names/sage/?page=161, Sage- Herb, wise person, SAYJ, Latin on BellyBallot, Sage - Name Meaning, What does Sage mean? Dislike the name Sagen. Looking for the perfect name? Find more ways to say sage, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Complete 2020 information on the meaning of Sage, its origin, history, pronunciation, popularity, variants and more as a baby boy name. sage translation in French - English Reverso dictionary, see also 'sauge',stage',sagace',sagaie', examples, definition, conjugation Sag Name Meaning. Share Sagen on Google Plus Share on Google+. We searched the entire web for you to find the meaning of the name Sage not only the meaning but also other characteristics such as gender, origin, pronunciation and much more... Sage originates in Latin language and is taken from the word for either a medicinal herb of the mint family or a wise man. Sager Follow Follow Sagen × Please Register or Login. Sage origin and meaning Sage is a 4 letter name with 1 syllables. Sage is also an herb used in cooking. The name is derived from the Old French word "sage," meaning "wise;" thus it is supposed that it was originally a nickname for a wise or learned person.. One of the oldest records of the family in Normandy was "Richard Sapiens or le Sage" who was listed there in 1198. Historically, surnames evolved as a way to sort people into groups - by occupation, place of origin, clan affiliation, patronage, parentage, adoption, and even physical characteristics (like red hair). How common is the name Sage. est 1. What does Sage mean? A sage is a person of profound wisdom. And we are pleased to let you know that we found the meaning of your name, Herb Or Prophet. Get the details! Many of the modern surnames in the dictionary can be traced back to Britain and Ireland. Explore thousands of baby names at Disney Family. German: habitational name from a place near Oldenburg, so named from an old word, sege ‘sedge’, ‘reed’. It can also be spelled Saige, Sange or Sayge.Its meaning is "herb" or "prophet". Could also be spelled Saige for a girl. Welcome to Nameberry’s newest column, The Name Sage. Find more French words at wordhippo.com! Sagi. Login Register . Meanings English Baby Names Meaning: In English Baby Names the meaning of the name Sage is: Wise one. Of Latin origin. English words for sage include wise, sage, sensible, wise person, demure, discreet, sober, sapient, canny and farsighted. Sage is a perennial, evergreen subshrub, with woody … This word is specific to imageboards. Origin and Meaning. My chosen name is Sage and I’m so happy to have Sage as my legal name now instead of my deadname! Find another word for sage. The origin of the name lies in Latin. Popularity of the name Sage in 30 countries, origin and meaning of the name Sage Amanda Sage, American born painter based in Vienna; Andrew P. Sage, American systems engineer; Anna Sage, alias of Ana Cumpănaş, brothel owner in Chicago; Angie Sage, English author; Bill Sage (born 1962), American actor Sagie French Baby Names Meaning: In French Baby Names the meaning of the name Sage is: Wise one. Gigi Having or exhibiting wisdom and calm judgment. Gage Favorite the name Sagen. The name Sage means Herb Or Prophet and is of English origin. Thinking of names? 2. English and French: nickname for a wise man, from Middle English, Old French sage ‘learned’, ‘sensible’, from Latin sagus ‘prophetic’, akin to sagax ‘sharp’, ‘perceptive’. The origin of the name lies in Latin. On the last available year for each country, we count 1,869 births. Dislike. Learn more. The name Sage is usually given to a Boy or Girl. Proceeding from or marked... Having or exhibiting wisdom and calm judgment. 2011), daughter of American news anchor and reporter Kyra Phillips and Canadian-born television journalist John Roberts Da diese mit realen Begebenheiten, Personen- und Ortsangaben verbunden werden, entsteht der Eindruck eines Wahrheitsberichts. Sage also means prophet. The name Sage was brought to Britain by the early Norman settlers that followed the 1066 Conquest of the island. Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Sage and its name origin or of any other name in our database. While it started out as a boy’s name in 1991, the girl version of Sage quickly followed in 1993 and then surpassed her male counterpart by 1999. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology. Sage Florence Galafassi (b. Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.. N.B. See more. They spread all over the world, either through migration or invasion. Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.. N.B. Meanings and history of the name Sage. THE MEANING OF ENGLISH NAMES What do English Boys' Names Mean? 2) From the Latin “salvus > salvĭa”, meaning “sage”. Look below for all our sources of where we found the name Sage with a small summary. Sage Name Meaning. Learn about the name Sage: meaning, origin, popularity, and more! Definition, Rechtschreibung, Synonyme und Grammatik von 'sagen' auf Duden online nachschlagen. What are her siblings named? Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. I chose Sage as my name years ago while I was in college because I wanted a unisex name to reflect my neutral gender that has great meaning(s) and that I love (I didn’t like my deadname very much). Sage is also a herb, “salvia officinalis”. Sage is a family name and a unisex given name. Share Sagen on Facebook Share on Facebook. A perennial short woody plant, member of the “mint” or “deadnettle” family. Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey (book). This is the detail page and contains Sage meaning - Sage girl name - Sage popularity. Surname. Native American Legends About Sage Smudging: Story from an Ojibwe elder about the meaning of burning tobacco, sage, sweetgrass, and cedar. Irish: variant of Savage, via the Gaelicized form Sabhaois. 10 synonyms of sage from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 53 related words, definitions, and antonyms. sage (third-person singular simple present sages, present participle saging, simple past and past participle saged) (Internet slang) The act of using the word or option sage in the email field or a checkbox of an imageboard when posting a reply. Sage Name Meaning.

Canon M50 Sale, Four Kings Lore, The Rise Of Theodore Roosevelt Pages, Critical Care Unit Pdf, Whole House Fan History, Personal Care Products Png, Famous Food Of Lakshadweep,

About the author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.